Maximize your DSI Member Benefits by registering early!
Attendance at WEvolution May meeting
Attendance at JUMP into 2023 meeting (when registering by Dec 31)
DSI Study Group quarterly sessions: education and networking - DSI members only
Dental Speakers Bureau membership and exclusive access to speaking opportunities
Members-only Facebook Group access
Participate with the study group, networking, and bureau benefits
'up to' the meeting and the 12-month period following the meeting.
DSI Study Group
DSI Members receive complimentary registration to quarterly study group meetings.
Develop training, presentation, and content development skills and solutions
Discover business strategies which boost your business
Foster supportive, collaborative relationships with colleagues
Build your skills and influence while expanding your inner circlee:
Nov 14, 2022 & Feb 13, 2023
There will be no study club meeting in May
due to WEvolution2023 on May 5-6.
Quarterly 60 minute sessions
7pm E / 6pm C / 5pm M / 4pm P
Call for Speaker Proposal Tips
Make your proposal memorable!
Streamline the process by creating an “introduction letter” template that you can tweak each time you use it. Copy your introduction letter wording into the body of your email. Be sure to address each of the items that are requested in the CSP email you received.
Consider adding the following to your introduction letter, as well:
- Differentiation: What is different about your presentations or you as a presenter?
- Meeting planners hire speakers in anticipation of results. What will change as a result of your presentation?
- Be excited about the opportunity and their interest in your programs.
- Recommend the topic(s) you feel would be the best fit and why.
- Mention upcoming meetings at which you have been hired to present on the same topic (if those meetings are easily recognizable).
Include a brief, relevant bio which helps to solidify you as an expert on the subject.
Attach your speaker packet to the email.
Keep it conversational. Have some energy, have some fun with it. Meeting professionals receive dozens of proposals. Let your proposal be the one that brings a smile to their faces and is interesting to read.
Presentation is everything. Give time and thought to how your proposal looks. The most effective proposals will utilize professionally prepared speaker marketing materials. ATTACH supporting documents to your email. A little attention to detail will go a long way for you when preparing your speaker proposals.
Important to Note. . .
- Don’t make the planner do the work. Don’t provide links back to your website for every item that is requested. It’s not likely that they will track down your information. Make it easy for them to see why you are the best choice for their meeting.
- Many CSP’s request presentations that qualify for CE. This does NOT mean that you must be an approved CE provider. The meeting planner is ultimately responsible for deciding if your presentation will qualify for CE and will typically offer the CE credits. YOU can help them know whether your course qualifies by providing a clear, meaty course description and measurable bullet-pointed objectives. Also, let them know if your presentation(s) has been approved for CE before.
- A demo video is usually not essential. Demo videos ARE an important element in the decision-making process every time. If you don’t have a short demo video available on your website, I encourage you to create one.
- It is very helpful to have a relationship with companies that are interested in sponsoring your presentations. Learn more about sponsorships at: https://www.thedentalspeaker.com/securing-sponsorship/
- The meeting planner will contact you directly to learn more about your programs / discuss contracting details if they feel that your presentation could be a good fit for their meeting.
- Many planners who have previously asked for proposals will go back through those proposals to find speakers for future meetings. This is all the more reason for you to participate in the CSP process!
Contact Grow@TheDentalSpeaker.com with questions!